Sculpting with Light Techniques for Portrait Photographers
LEARN HOW TO DESIGN THE LIGHTING EFFECT THAT WILL BEST FLATTER YOUR SUBJECT
Though many factors contribute to a great image—lens choice, pose, props, etc.—every single subject requires well-executed lighting to enhance their appearance. This careful use of lighting to sculpt the subject in a flattering way is what distinguishes true artists from mere picture takers.
In this new book, acclaimed photographer and educator Allison Earnest shows you how to use flash, strobe, ambient light, window light, and a variety of light modifiers to create professional-quality results. The author ventures into territory left unexplored in other portrait lighting books, showing you how to use light to flatter the unique facial shape of your client—whether they tend to have a more round, oval, rectangular, long and angular, square, or triangular face. With these techniques, you'll be able to accentuate the most appealing features of each subject and elevate the aesthetic appeal of your portraits. With problem-solving strategies for minimizing an array of perceived facial flaws, tips for working with individuals and groups, and much more, this book is not to be missed.
• Understanding the qualities of light, methods for controlling light, and how to measure the light for accurate results
• Tools for lighting design, including flash, strobe, continuous light sources, and light modifiers
• Portrait lighting basics, including placement of the main, fill, kicker, hair, and background lights
• Understanding common face shapes and how they should be lit for best effect
• Lighting techniques for photographing multiple subjects, and tips for solving common problems in group portraits
• Sculpting subjects with ambient light for a natural look
SPECS: 128 pages, 8.5 x 11, 175 color images, ISBN 978-1-58428-236-5
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Allison Earnest is an acclaimed photographer and photography instructor who began her career as a photographer for NASA. Today, she operates a highly successful portrait photography studio and has become renowned for her mastery of lighting.
Quantity in Basket:
Shipping Weight: 1.50 pounds
- 500 Poses
- Photo Business
- Fine Art
- Adobe Photoshop
- Featured Books
- All Books
- Coming Soon
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES